Hospitality Law Blog . IT . EN

Home Page » Articles » Wholesale Liquor Distribution Licenses in New York.

APR 07, 2016

Wholesale Liquor Distribution Licenses in New York.

The New York State Liquor Authority (“SLA”) requires a wholesale liquor distributer to obtain a one year renewable license. In order to obtain a wholesaler license, the applicant must first apply for the basic federal permit with the U.S. Department of Treasury, Alcohol and Tobacco Trade Bureau (the so-called “TTB”). The application for the federal permit may take several months. It is always advisable to simultaneously apply for the wholesale distribution license at the state (with the New York State Liquor Authority) and federal level so that the prospective wholesaler will be able to distribute alcoholic beverage within the State of New York as quickly as possible.

The SLA also requires that the prospective wholesaler maintain an office within the State of New York. For foreign-based prospective applicants, who are citizens of a country with whom the U.S. has entered into commercial treaties, please note that it will be also necessary to comply with U.S. immigration laws, including without limitation, securing a visa and proving valid immigration status.  


This site uses some cookies.
Continuing navigation on this website (by clicking on "I UNDERSTAND" button or clicking outside of this area) you approve the use of cookies.
For details about cookies use on this website please click on "Learn more". Here you can also refuse the use of (some) cookies included.